ServInt Hosting Review: Affordable High-Powered Options
Sharing is caring!
Last Updated on November 6, 2017
ServInt means business when it comes to hosting uptime and performance. There once was a time when dedicated servers were only reserved for large companies with deep pockets.
VPS hosting has made it more accessible and affordable to enjoy the benefits of dedicated hosting.
ServInt focuses on this niche, and that includes both VPS hosting and dedicated servers.
If that’s what your company needs, keep reading.
What Does ServInt Offer?
ServInt only offers virtual private servers and dedicated hosting.
The VPS solutions come in high availability SSD VPS and flex VPS. The high availability SSD VPS has onboard SSD storage and extremely high performance. The high-performance Intel CPUs are ideal for anyone with a website, app, or program that must be always on, since the uptime guarantee is pretty much 100%. You won’t have to worry about getting bogged down by traffic spikes or server issues.
The flex VPS is a regular VPS system where you will need to talk to a ServInt rep to figure out how much power you need. It’s a flexible option that morphs to the needs of your company. A regular VPS is technically in a shared server environment, but the virtual machine separates it from the other apps and websites on the server.
This means you get the power of a dedicated server without the high price tag.
Dedicated servers come in two forms: flex dedicated servers and high availability. These are similar to the VPS options, and that’s because they’re comparable in how each of the plans is differentiated. For instance, the flex dedicated server provides a dedicated server. Simple enough. However, it also combines the flexibility of a cloud-based server and a performance dedicated server.
On the other hand, the high availability dedicated servers provide all of the benefits of your own server without the hassles of managing it.
And that brings up the kicker with ServInt. All of their plans are managed. This means ServInt takes control of the server or VPS and maintains it for you. This does restrict the amount of control you have over the server, so it might not be for everyone. However, many companies would rather let the hosting professionals handle everything, so it’s not a deal breaker for many.
As mentioned, ServInt has several professional services that come with the managed plans including services for building, managing, and securing your servers.
A few of the professional services provided include:
- Complete solution design for handling things like elastic load balancing and DNS services.
- Backup and disaster recovery for when your site goes down or you experience a hacking attempt.
- AWS spend auditing and optimization.
- Security, auditing, and compliance.
- High volume video delivery.
- Full e-commerce support for handling the sudden demand of seasonal traffic.
- IT closet to cloud migrations.
- Ongoing monitoring of all installed products and services.
- Ongoing management services with tracks like performance load testing and comprehensive security suites.
You don’t have to pay extra for any of these services. They’re included with each of the plans you might consider, both VPS and dedicated.
ServInt also offers a few alternative server hosting solutions that aren’t as common as VPS or dedicated. These include Jelastic PaaS, bare metal dedicated servers, and cloud VPS.
Primary ServInt Features
VPS hosting is meant to be more affordable than dedicated hosting, so that’s obviously the case with ServInt. Overall, their VPS plans are competitively priced and affordable for small businesses who want a boost in their site performance.
The flex hosting is always going to be cheaper, then the high availability VPS hosting is a little more expensive. The flex dedicated server is more expensive than any VPS, but it’s less expensive than the high availability dedicated server.
Keep in mind, all hosting management services are packaged into the hosting plans. Therefore, you won’t have to worry about backups, maintenance, security, building the server environment, or handling spikes in your traffic. Ideally, you can sit back and run your business while the hosting is handled completely by ServInt. And that’s what a VPS and dedicated hosting company should do.
The only problem is some companies require specific server customizations and don’t want anyone else having access to their servers. If your specific needs include more server control, ServInt isn’t for you.
As for the features, it depends on whether you go with flex or high availability, but we’ll cover the general VPS features below:
- A 99.999% uptime guarantee.
- 60-second hardware replacement.
- On-board SSD storage.
- There’s no need to pay for multiple VPS packages.
- At least 1 core of Intel Xeon CPU. This increases depending on the plan you go with.
- At least 2 GB of DDR4 RAM.
- At least one IP address.
- A minimum of 30 GB of HA SSD storage.
- A free cPanel for checking in on your account and managing some of the more basic functions. Essentially, you can complete some of the tasks managed by ServInt.
- Daily backups to an off-server location, making your data far more secure than a system that backs up your files to somewhere on-site.
These features are included in the majority of the VPS hosting plans, and much of what you see above is thrown in with the dedicated servers. However, you can expect far better performance and computing power with a dedicated server.
Another plus is that ServInt doesn’t try to upsell you additional services.
What Stands Out About ServInt?
The standout aspect of ServInt is their focus on VPS and dedicated hosting. This tends to be rare, since the larger hosting brands make big money on cheap shared hosting. ServInt has obviously placed its resources into the best infrastructure to help users who need the top performance possible.
What’s more is that ServInt offers the flex hosting plans. If you’re more interested in a traditional VPS or dedicated server, that’s fine. But the whole idea of more flexibility is too much to pass up for some companies. After all, you’re trying to scale up as you build your business, so the flex plans make sense for many.
Another reason we like ServInt is because of the wealth of services that come with each of the managed hosting plans. The managed support means that you can call in and talk with a dedicated representative at any time. The server or VPS is yours to take control of when you need to. However, the majority of the time you get to focus on your business and not whether your website is going to be able to handle the holiday traffic.
Finally, ServInt isn’t anything crazy in terms of low pricing, but it has enough plans for you to keep your hosting within budget. If you’re looking to spend hundreds of dollars on a dedicated host, that option is available. If you’re more keen on keeping costs low and going with a flex VPS, you’re in good hands with ServInt.
ServInt Customer Support
The ServInt customer support team is available 24/7, so you can reach out to them whenever you need them. This includes phone support for when you realize that something might be wrong with your website in the middle of the night and you want an immediate response. Not only that, but the support team is located in-house so you’re not stuck speaking with someone reading off of a script.
You can contact ServInt through the phone or opt for the live chat module. Many people prefer this over sitting on the phone. They also have an email address for you to send your concerns, along with a customer portal with documents and knowledge base information.
Overall, it looks like most of the bases are covered in terms of customer support. This is expected, considering it’s a high-performance hosting company that guarantees site uptime at almost 100%. Basically, they need to be helping you at all times if you’re paying for a VPS or dedicated hosting plan.
Should You Consider ServInt?
Here’s how we break down the pros and cons.
Consider ServInt If:
- Your company needs VPS hosting.
- Your company needs a dedicated server.
- You like the idea of a more flexible plan for both VPS and dedicated hosting.
- You’d rather go with managed hosting in order to spend more time on your business and not the server.
- You enjoy the idea of extremely dedicated support that’s available 24/7.
- You need affordable VPS hosting that gives you the performance and freedom of a dedicated host without the high cost.
Skip ServInt If:
- You’d like the cheapest hosting possible.
- Your company only needs shared hosting.
- You don’t like the idea of managed hosting, since you’d rather take complete control of the server and not have someone else messing with your system.
ServInt is definitely a cut above many standard sharing hosting plans. But if all you need is something simple, you might be better off giving this one a pass.
Image Source: Unsplash | Jacob Miller